Exporters and investors demand more support and financial security from the German government in order to facilitate investments in Africa and promote business. By Marcel Grzanna / Süddeutsche Zeitung It should not fail at the list of sonorous designations now indeed. Compact with Africa (CwA), Marshall Plan with Africa, Pro Africa Initiative – the growing […]
Ladies and Gentlemen,
In the last days intensive discussions were held to decide whether the event should still take place on 20.11.2019.
Now we have come to the conclusion to postpone the event again. The following reasons moved us to do so:
- On 19.11.19 the “G20 Investment Summit – German Business and the CwA Countries” takes place in Berlin. The topics dealt with in Berlin are of great importance for the mitfrica initiative and very relevant for the mitfrica Economic Forum.
- The event in Berlin has a decisive impact on future trade with Africa
- The federal government co-organizer of the forum in Berlin is partner and sponsor of mitafrika Wirtschaftsforum and we pursue the same goals and we do not want to build any competition.
We will announce the new date in the coming days.
What contribution could African entrepreneurs in the diaspora make to sustainable mutual socio-economic prosperity in relations between Africa and the Federal Republic of Germany?
Africa is a continent with many opportunities, but unfortunately German companies are still reluctant to enter the dynamic market.
In 2017 German trade with Africa amounted to USD 60 billion and in the same period German companies directly invested USD 9 billion in Africa (source: “African Economic Outlook 2018”). Compared to other nations like China, Germany is further behind. However, according to a survey by the French Council of Investors in Africa (Cian), Germany leads with 45% of the positive opinions of decision-makers, followed by China (37%), the United States (34%) and Japan (34%).
mitafrika is an initiative of NIfA (Nürnberger Initiative für Afrika), which was called upon to do educational work so that the full potential of Africa can be exploited by German companies. You can find more about NIFA here.
mitafrika would like
- to contribute to strengthening the role of the African diaspora in Germany in order to position it as a bridge-builder for sustainable trade relations between Africa and Germany.
- to bring German SMEs and African entrepreneurs together in the diaspora and promote a common approach to the African market.
The event “mitafrika || Business Forum” is organized with the support of the Chamber of Commerce – IHK Nuremberg for Middle Franconia and under the auspices of Dr. Gerd Müller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The “mitafrika || Business Forum” will take place in spring in Nuremberg and will be moderated by Mrs. Miranda OBEN, Founder and CEO of “The returnees Project“, Mr. Georg ESCHER (Editor/Foreign Policy commentator at Nürnberger Nachrichten and Expert on Africa), Mr. Gilles Komi MAGLO (Entrepreneur of the African Diaspora).
The “mitafrika || Business Forum” will be the prelude to further business events focusing specifically on countries and regions.
Well-known keynote speakers and panelists (see list below) have confirmed their presence.
The language of the event is German.